2008/03/19

A more perfect....

so I finally watched Obama's "A more perfect union" speech. At least, I think that's what they're going to call it when they start putting it in textbooks. They'll have his picture. There will be a little playback button for the speech (textbooks of the future, y'know) and it will be in a sidebar titled:

"The day that America figured out it had been sold to the corporations."

Because if he doesn't win after a speech like that it's because we don't own ourselves anymore. If Hillary doesn't say to herself, "you know, he might actually be the best person for the job right now." and doesn't hand it over, it's because we're owned. Not 'pwned' or 'pahoned' or whatever the hell the new kekeke meme is. Owned. To wit: a material posession. A plaything of our corporate masters, destined to succeed or fail on their whims, not our own self-determination. We're the chips in a poker game and to the winner's corporate sponsors go the spoils.

Jon Stewart pointed it out when he said, "and so, on a Tuesday, a politician talked to us about race like we were adults." Billary can't even talk about sex with each other like they're adults.

And now McCain is pimping his big-titted, white, Cindy-derived daughter (no sigh of the Bangladeshi-adoptee) out to GQ to remind us that voting for President is about voting for the cool guy who bought his daughter a loft in NYC. So if we vote for him will he buy stuff for us, too or is that just for the daughter he likes most?

I'm going to watch "I Have A Dream" and play Obama's audio and then watch "A More Perfect Union" and play MLK and see if they have some weird Wizard-of-Oz/Darkside-of-the-Moon synergy if I can synch them up just right.

And then I'm going to cull my eyes, deafen my ears, and cut out my tongue because there isn't going to be a more honest sentence spoken in a public forum for the rest of this Presidential race and possibly my life.

1 comment:

mr_peabody said...

I concur completely.
I did not watch the speech, but read the text later when I saw the flurry of activity on the net about it.

I honestly had a lump in my throat after reading this. It really has to be one of the most well thought out and honest speeches I have ever read. The kind of stuff they do put in text books. Not to mention he wrote it all himself, without the usual crutch of speech writers.

After that, I now think that he would be the best person for the job, no competition from the other two. However...as you have so eloquently pointed out, the race can be bought and Billary has that potential to destroy everything in their path to do it.

And by the way drop me an email at rwhite.astro@gmail.com so I can get your contact info and get together when I get back to Austin in April. I have not met your lovely wife yet, and I want to give you the chance to show her off :o)